Make Her Feel Special: 19 First Mother's Day Gift Ideas for Every Type of Mom
Mother's Day is a special occasion to honor and appreciate the incredible efforts of mothers in our lives, especially new moms who are navigating the exciting but challenging journey of motherhood. Despite the sleepless nights, constant feedings, and endless diaper changes, they continue to pour their hearts and souls into raising their little ones. This is why it's important to show them how much they mean to us by giving them a thoughtful and heartfelt gift on their first Mother's Day.
If you're wondering what to get them, we've got you covered with amazing heartfelt first Mother's Day gift ideas!
First Mother's Day Gift Ideas (That Aren't Flowers!)
1. Personalized Jewelry: Give her a piece of jewelry that's not just stylish, but also meaningful! It could be engraved with her baby's name or birthdate, or even a cute little message like "World's Best Mom!". You can choose from a variety of personalized jewelry options, such as a necklace, bracelet, or ring. Consider adding a birthstone or other meaningful symbol to make it even more special.
2. Photo Album: Help her capture all those adorable moments with her little one with a photo album filled with pictures of their first year together. You can either create a physical photo album or a digital one, depending on her preference. Be sure to capture milestone moments like the first smile, first steps, and first birthday. Warning: it may induce happy tears.
3. Mom-themed book: As a new mom, navigating the world of motherhood can be overwhelming and exhausting. That's why gifting a book that speaks to the joys and challenges of motherhood is a thoughtful and practical gift. One book that comes highly recommended is "The Shit That No One Tells You About Being a Mom" by Dawn Dais. This book offers a refreshing and honest take on motherhood, providing humor and comfort to new moms who may be struggling with the realities of raising a child.
4. Customized Coffee Mug: For a personalized and practical gift, a customized coffee mug with a picture of her and her baby is a thoughtful choice. Not only will it be a daily reminder of her love for her child, but it's also a functional item that she can use for her morning coffee or tea.
5. Baby Carrier: Give her a break from holding her little bundle of joy all day with a comfy baby carrier that lets her snuggle up close while freeing up her hands for other things. Like drinking coffee or browsing social media. There are many types of baby carriers available, including wraps, slings, and structured carriers. Consider her lifestyle and preferences when choosing the type of carrier to gift.
6. A Personalized Journal
Recovering from an illness or injury can be a stressful time. A personalized journal can provide a space for your loved one to write down their thoughts and feelings, helping them process their emotions and find peace during a difficult time. You can personalize the journal with their name or a special message. Some popular options include the Moleskine Classic Notebook and the Paperblanks Embellished Manuscripts Journal.
8. Nursing pillow: Breastfeeding can be tiring for both mom and baby, but a comfortable nursing pillow can help make things easier for them. Plus, it doubles as a comfy spot for baby's naptime. That is why we included a pillow that provides proper support and is easy to clean.
9. Baby milestone blanket: The blanket is designed with milestones like "1 month," "3 months," and "1 year," so she can take pictures of her baby on the corresponding milestone. Celebrate every milestone in style with a baby milestone blanket! It's a cute and fun way to document all of the baby's firsts, from their first smile to their first steps.
10. Postpartum Gift Box: Welcoming a new baby can be a beautiful experience, but it can also be exhausting for the new mom who is adjusting to her new role. A postpartum gift box is a thoughtful way to show your support and appreciation for the new mom in your life. The box can contain items such as aromatherapy candles, soothing teas, skincare products, and other self-care essentials. The aim of this gift is to aid in relaxation, help her de-stress, and provide a little bit of pampering during a time when she is focusing on the new baby.
11. Grip Sock: For a new mom, grip socks can be especially useful during the postpartumperiod when balance and stability can be compromised due to physical changes in the body. Wearing grip socks can help prevent slips and falls on hardwood or tile floors, providing peace of mind for new moms who may be worried about the safety of their newborn.
12. Sleep mask and Earplugs: Between feeding schedules and constant attention to the baby's needs, it can be challenging for her to catch up on rest. That's where a sleep mask and earplugs can come in handy. By blocking out the noise and light, she can finally get the peace and quiet she needs to rest and recharge. Investing in a high-quality sleep mask and earplugs can make all the difference in her sleep quality. Help her catch some much-needed z's with a sleep mask and earplugs.
7. Scented Candles: For a busy mom, finding moments of peace and tranquility can be a challenge. That's why scented candles are the perfect gift to help her create a calming atmosphere in her home. Aromatherapy has been shown to have a positive effect on mood and stress levels, making scented candles a great way to promote relaxation and well-being. Whether she prefers lavender, vanilla, or something more exotic, there's a scent out there that's sure to soothe her senses. So light a candle, take a deep breath, and let the stresses of the day melt away.
13. Meal Delivery Service: Between feeding the baby and getting some rest, meal prep may be the last thing on her mind. Help her out with a meal delivery service subscription! It's the gift that keeps on giving. Here’s a service that offers healthy, delicious meals that can be customized to her dietary preferences
14. Lactation Cookies: They are a delicious way to help a new mom boost her milk supply. These cookies are typically made with ingredients that are believed to increase milk production, such as oats, brewer's yeast, and flaxseed. By giving her a batch of lactation cookies as a gift, you are not only providing her with a tasty treat but also supporting her efforts to breastfeed her baby.
15. Mom and Baby Matching Outfits: Matching outfits for mom and baby have become increasingly popular in recent years, and for good reason. Not only are they a fun and adorable way to show off the bond between mother and child, but they also make for great photo opportunities. Nothing is cuter than matching outfits for mom and baby!
16. Memory Book: Give her a place to jot down all of her favorite memories with her baby in a memory book. It's a sentimental gift that she'll cherish forever. Memory books with prompts and spaces for photos are the best, so she can easily document all of her favorite moments
17. Nursing-friendly Clothing: Comfortable and nursing-friendly clothes are a must for any new mom! Clothes that are designed specifically for nursing, such as tops with easy access or dresses with hidden zippers.They make breastfeeding on-the-go a breeze and let her feel stylish at the same time.
18. Baby Monitor: Give her peace of mind with a high-quality baby monitor! High quality refers to a monitor with features such as video, night vision, and temperature sensors. She'll rest easy knowing her little one is safe and sound.
19. Customized Phone Case: A customized phone case is a thoughtful and practical gift for a new mom. With so much going on, it's easy for her to misplace or damage her phone while taking care of her baby. A customized phone case can help keep her phone safe and secure. The best part is that it's personalized with a photo of her and the baby, making it even more special.
Provide Comfort and Support During a Difficult Time
When it comes to gift-giving, it's easy to get caught up in the idea that the bigger and more expensive the gift, the better. However, it's important to remember that what truly matters is the sentiment behind the gift. By putting thought and effort into choosing a gift for a new mom on her first Mother's Day, you can show her how much you appreciate her and all that she does.
We hope these first Mother's Day gift ideas give you some inspiration for what to get the new mom in your life!
A Fun and Practical Get Well Soon Gift for Someone in the Hospital
Our mission is to provide laughter and joy to people going through tough times. It's especially needed in a hospital. Often, patients receive hospital gifts like flowers, teddy bears or cards. We have heard several requests for changes in the traditional hospital grip sock, like making it fitted, removing the toe seam, creating better designs, and adding hospital sock colors. We've launched our own take on hospital grip socks based on this feedback and hope you love it as much as the traditional ones! Our hospital grip socks are for those who need a smile, in and out of the ER in any slippery situation.
Check out the different hospital sock colors we offer in our collection.